Language of Instruction English
A few study programmes are offered in English. For those programmes, no German C1 language certificate is required but a sufficient English language certificate.
A list of study programmes that are offered in English can be found here.
We accept the following English Certificates:
- TOEFL iBT (score of at least 95) or
- IELTS Academic (score of at least 7) or
- Cambridge Proficiency English CPE or
- Cambridge Advanced English CAE (score of at least 180/ Grade C or better) or
- Secondary school leaving certificate from abroad with English as language of instruction on Matura Level or
- A completed study programme exclusively taught in English
The certificates/diplomas 1 - 4 must not be older than 2 years.
Some International Joint Master Programmes are offered in English as well. Please know that for Joint Degree programmes, a seperate admission procedure is required. More information can be found here: https://www.jointdegree.eu/en/
If you apply for a study programme not offered in English, the application will automatically be processed with German as language of instruction and a German language certificate must be handed in.
If the study programme is offered in German and English, but you do not clearly state on the application form that English is the preferred language of instruction, German will be considered as language of instruction and a German language certificate must be handed in.