Guide for the online pre-registration: data capture
Step 1: Creating an initial basic UNIGRAZonline account:
- To pre-register for your studies, create an account in UNIGRAZonline. Once you are registered, you will receive an e-mail with the activation link. If you do not receive an activation e-mail, please contact the Academic Affairs office.
- Clicking on the activation link in the e-mail opens a confirmation page in your browser. Please click on "Next".
- The username is specified but the password you can freely choose. PLEASE NOTE: The username cannot be changed later! Make sure to remember your password!
- If the password for the basic account has expired, you can reset it with the following link.
Step 2: Selecting a degree programme:
- Once you have created a basic account in UNIGRAZonline (step 1), log in to online.uni-graz.at with your user name and password.
- Start the "Registration" by going to your UNIGRAZonline business card and selecting the "Studies" tab.
- Register for your desired degree programme(s) and enter all required your personal data.
- If you would like to register as a co-registered student at the University of Graz, enter the code "98" instead of a higher education entrance qualification.
- If you have never studied at an Austrian university, please leave the “registration number" field blank.
- Finally, double-check your data and submit it.
- You can change or correct your personal data at any time under "Registration".
Once all your necessary personal data is recorded, you can come to the Academic Affairs office with the necessary documents and enrol in person. Make sure that you have fulfilled all enrolment requirements (see respective admission procedure) before you visit the Academic Affairs office.
Students with a previous education outside of Austria (international students)
International students are those students who did not complete their previous education in Austria. Attention! Nationality is not being considered.
When entering the data, it must be stated that the previous education is from abroad. Depending on whether you are applying with a school-leaving certificate or a university degree, you must state the correct higher education entrance qualification when entering the data.
- Are you applying with a school-leaving certificate from abroad?
Please select the higher education entrance qualification: 25 – foreign secondary school-leaving exam
- Are you applying with an IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate) from abroad?
Please select the higher education entrance qualification: 46 – IB Diploma (foreign country)
- Are you applying with a university degree from abroad?
Please select the higher education entrance qualification: 31 – foreign post-second. educ. inst.
Entering an incorrect university entrance qualification can lead to longer processing times!
Monday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.*
Thursday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Friday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
*Closed on Wednesdays during semester breaks as well as days free of classes and exams.