- Application for Enrollment for international students
- Evidence of accomplished Bachelor & Master degree/ Diploma degree (diploma(s) and transcript(s) of records with ECTS or contact hours)
- Qualification Statement: Evidence that admission requirements to the same Doctorate program at a recognized university in the country where the Master/ Diploma degree was obtained are fulfilled for the semester/ academic year in which admission is sought in Graz, including the general duration of this program. (equals the Evidence of Admission)
- Copy of ID card/ passport
For certain doctoral studies you need to present additional documents:
Doctorate at the Faculty of Environmental, Regional and Educational Sciences:
- Advance-Agreement Supervision (from appropriate doctoral school)
Doctorate at the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences:
- Abstract of Master/ Diploma Thesis
- Index and Bibliography of Master/ Diploma Thesis
Doctorate at the Faculty of Natural Sciences:
Interdisciplinary Doctorate "Teaching Methodology":
- Form: "Vorab-Einigung"
Doctorate at the Catholic Theological Faculty:
- Form "Vorab-Einigung"
Exemption of legalization: Due to a bilateral agreement with Austria, the documents are exempted from legalization.
The appliction period ends for the winter semster on 05 September and for the summer semester on 05 February.
The application process can take more than 12 weeks. Please take this into account when planning your studies. Also note that admission might not be possible in the semester applied for.
Regular students with third country nationality pay a tuition fee as well as the student union fee per semester.
More information on tuition fee and on possible waivers are available here.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9 am - 12 pm
Wednesday 2 pm - 4 pm
(Wednesdays is closed during semester breaks and days when courses and exams are not being held)