The graduation ceremony gives you the opportunity of celebrating your final degree together with your family and friends. University of Graz offers you an exclusive setting for this very special day.
The academic ceremony takes place in the University's auditorium which dates back to 1895 and includes the following:
- introduction of the candidates and their final thesis
- award of a certificate bearing the University's hand-embossed stamp enclosed in an elegant roll during a ceremony carried out by the Dean, Dean of Studies and Promoter wearing their traditional academic gowns, accompanied by bedels (bearing ceremonial maces) of the University.
- musical accompaniment by Postmusik Graz
- a voucher for a glass of sparkling wine at our champagne bar in the entrance area of the Auditorium
- an authorised photographer from "Foto Gasser" and a camera team "UNI Video" are present during the ceremony.
(You can order and purchase your photos and videos afterwards.)
You will need the following documents to register for the ceremony:
- fully completed registration form
- confirmation of payment of € 50.00
- official photo ID or student ID card
You can scan in and send your documents via E-Mail .
Please transfer € 50.00 to the following account:
- IBAN: AT36 3800 0000 0004 9460
- BIC: RZSTAT2G
- Payee: Universität Graz
- Reference: Festakt Anmeldung zum universitären Festakt
Please note the following: graduation ceremony dates are only binding after having been confirmed by Academic Affairs office! The date you have chosen is not automatically binding.
If here is no room for any further candidates on that particular day, your registration cannot be taken into consideration.
Please note that the individual dates could be canceled at short notice due to the current situation (Covid-19)!
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Environmental, Regional an Educational Sciences
If you do not wish to attend the graduation ceremony, you can just order your certificate for a fee of € 25.00 (incl.the roll), which Academic Affairs office will issue after paying the fee at Academic Affairs office and fillin in an application form.
Monday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.*
Thursday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Friday: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
*Closed on Wednesdays during semester breaks as well as days free of classes and exams.